Bullion Van survives robbery attack in Winneba

Date:

A crew in a bullion Van with registration number GN 6956- 17 has survived an armed robbery attack on the Winneba ‘Accra highway on Thursday, June 17.

The van, which was shot by some unknown assailants at the Okyereko and Dominase portion of that stretch, had a driver and two policemen on board with an amount of GHC 550,000.00.

Confirming the incident to the Ghana News Agency, Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) Irene Oppong, said all occupants escaped the gunshots.

She said at about 1900 hours on Thursday, the Winneba Divisional Police received news that the van enroute Winneba from Accra, had been attacked.

The Police on hearing about the incident provided an escort team to the Bullion Van, which brought them back to Accra.

She stated that the case was under investigations to bring culprits to book.

Share post:

Subscribe

Popular

Ghana’s Agriculture Reset: Dr. Azinu proposes 13-point plan 

Dr. Amos Rutherford Azinu, Seed Business Executive at Legacy...

GH₵2.8 billion invested in PFJ Phase 1   

Ghana made an investment of GH₵2.8 billion in the...

South Dayi: Courage Kwame Kokroko endorsed as new DCE  

In a decisive vote, Mr. Courage Kwame Kokroko, President...

GhIPSS Hosts Kenyan Central Bank Delegation on Study Tour of Ghana’s Payment Systems  

The Ghana Interbank Payment and Settlement Systems Ltd (GhIPSS)...

More like this
Related